NCERT Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 Notes cover all the topics in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 Notes are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 8 Geography Chapter 1 Notes
Any object or substance that has some utility (use) and some value is called a resource.
Types of Resources
(1) Natural Resources
– Found in nature.
– Used without much modification.
– Renewable and non-renewable resources.
– Examples: Air, Land, Water, Soil, Minerals, etc.
|Renewable Resources||Non-renewable Resources|
|– Unlimited in nature.|
– renewed quickly if exhausted
|– Limited stock.|
– Can’t be renewed if exhausted
|– Solar and wind energy, water, etc.||– Coal, Petroleum, natural gas, etc.|
(2) Human-made Resources
– Made by Humans using natural resources.
– Examples: Technology, Buildings, Machines, etc.
(3) Human Resources
– People are called Human Resources.
– Education, skills and health add value to Human Resources.
|Human Resource Development|
|Improving the quality of people’s skills so that they are able to create more resources.|
Using resources carefully and giving them time to get renewed.
Each person can contribute by 3R Principle:
(1) Reducing consumption
(3) Reusing things.
Balancing the use of resources and also conserving them for the future.
Principles of Sustainable Development
– Respect and care for all forms of life
– Improve the quality of human life
– Conserve the earth’s vitality and diversity
– Minimize the depletion of natural resources
– Change personal attitude and practices towards the environment
– Enable communities to care for their own environment.