NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers cover book exercises in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
#Sorting Materials into Groups
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 4 Question Answers
1. Name five objects which can be made from wood.
Answer: Table, Chair, Door, Window, Bed, etc.
2. Select those objects from the following which shine:
(Glass bowl, plastic toy, steel spoon, cotton shirt)
Answer: Glass bowl and steel spoon.
3. Match the objects given below with the materials from which they could be made. Remember, an object could be made from more than one material and a given material could be used for making many objects.
4. State whether the statements given below are True or False.
(i) Stone is transparent, while glass is opaque. False
(ii) A notebook has lustre while an eraser does not. False
(iii) Chalk dissolves in water. False
(iv) A piece of wood floats on water. True
(v) Sugar does not dissolve in water. False
(vi) Oil mixes with water. False
(vii) Sand settles down in water. True
(viii) Vinegar dissolves in water. True
5. Given below are the names of some objects and materials:
(Water, basketball, orange, sugar, globe, apple, and earthen pitcher) Group them as:
|Round-shaped||Basketball, apple, orange, globe, earthen pitcher|
|Other shapes||Water, sugar|
|Eatables||Water, orange, sugar, apple|
|Non-eatables||Basketball, globe, earthen pitcher|
6. List all items known to you that float on water. Check and see if they will float on an oil or kerosene.
|(A) List of some items that float on water:||Paper, Wood, plastic carry bag, Wax, Oil, etc.|
|(B) List of items that float on an oil:||Paper, Plastics, Wax, Wood|
|(C) List of items that float on kerosene:||Paper, plastics|
7. Find the odd one out from the following:
a) Chair, Bed, Table, Baby, Cupboard
b) Rose, Jasmine, Boat, Marigold, Lotus
c) Aluminium, Iron, Copper, Silver, Sand
d) Sugar, Salt, Sand, Copper sulphate