NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Question Answers cover the exercise questions in a simplified and precise way. NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
#Fibre to Fabric
NCERT Class 6 Science Chapter 3 Question Answers
1. Classify the following fibres as natural or synthetic:
nylon, polyester – Synthetic fibres
wool, cotton, silk, jute – Natural fibres
2. State whether the following statements are true or false:
a) Yarn is made from fibres. True
b) Spinning is a process of making fibres. False
c) Jute is the outer covering of coconut. False
d) The process of removing seed from cotton is called ginning. True
e) Weaving of yarn makes a piece of fabric. True
f) Silk fibre is obtained from the stem of a plant. False
g) Polyester is a natural fibre. False
3. Fill in the blanks:
a) Plant fibres are obtained from cotton and Jute plants.
b) Animal fibres are wool and silk.
4. From which parts of the plant cotton and jute are obtained?
Cotton: Fruit (cotton bolls) of the cotton plant.
Jute: Stem of the Jute plant.
5. Name two items that are made from coconut fibre.
Answer: Ropes, Mats.
6. Explain the process of making yarn from fibre.
Answer: The process of making yarn from fibres is called spinning. In this process, a mass of cotton wool is drawn out and twisted into thin strands. These strands form yarn.