NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 1 Question Answers cover all the exercise questions in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 1 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
#The Earth in the Solar System
NCERT Class 6 Geography Chapter 1 Question Answers
Short Answer Type Questions
1. How does a planet differ from a star?
Answer: Stars have their own heat and light. They are very big in size as compared to the planets. Planets don’t have their heat and light. They get heat and light from the stars.
2. What is meant by the ‘Solar System’?
Answer: The term Solar System refers to the “family” of the Sun. Eight planets and other celestial objects revolve in orbits around the Sun. The Sun is a star and the head of the family.
3. Name all the planets according to their distance from the sun.
(i) Mercury (ii) Venus (iii) Earth (iv) Mars (v) Jupiter (vi) Saturn (vii) Uranus (viii) Neptune
4. Why is the Earth called a unique planet?
Answer: Earth is the only planet known to support life. It has water and Oxygen. The temperature range on the earth supports life on Earth.
5. Why do we see only one side of the moon always?
Answer: Moon takes 27 days to revolve around the earth and it also completes one rotation about its axis in 27 days. So only one side of the moon is visible to us.
6. What is the Universe?
Answer: The Universe is the collection of galaxies. All the celestial bodies are part of the Universe.
Multiple Choice Questions
|1. The planet known as the “Earth’s Twin” is|
|2. Which is the third nearest planet to the sun?|
|3. All the planets move around the sun in a|
(a) Circular path
(b) Rectangular path
(c) Elongated path
|4. The Pole Star indicates the direction to the|
|5. Asteroids are found between the orbits of|
(a) Saturn and Jupiter
(b) Mars and Jupiter
(c) The Earth and Mars
Fill in the Blanks.
1. A group of stars forming various patterns is called a constellation.
2. A huge system of stars is called a galaxy.
3. The Moon is the closest celestial body to our earth.
4. The Earth is the third nearest planet to the sun.
5. Planets do not have their own heat and light.