NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 Question Answers cover the exercise questions in a precise and simplified way. NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 Question Answers are easy to understand and learn for exams.
NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 6 Question Answers
1. What is the work of the police?
Answer: The police maintain law and order in society. Police maintain peace in society and provide security to the people.
2. List two things that the work of a Patwari includes.
(1) Patwari measures land and keeps land records.
(2) He organizes the collection of land revenue from the farmers and provides information to the government about the crops grown in the area.
3. What is the work of a tehsildar?
>> A tehsildar supervises the work of the Patwari.
>> A Tehsildar hears land disputes.
>> Tehsildar office issues caste certificates to students.
>> Tehsildar issues copies of land records to farmers.
4. What issue is the poem trying to raise? Do you think this is an important issue? Why?
Answer: The poem raises unequal treatment of girls and dowry.
It is a very important issue as everyone is equal. Everyone must have equal rights. There should not be any discrimination against women.
5. In what ways are the work of the Panchayat, which you read about in the previous chapter, and the work of the Patwari related to each other?
Answer: The Patwari organizes the collection of land revenue from the farmers and provides information to the government about the crops grown in the area. Panchayat uses the information and makes the development plans according to the need of the people.
6. Visit a police station and find out the work that the police have to do to prevent crime and maintain law and order in their area, especially during festivals, public meetings, etc.
Answer: During festivals, public meetings, etc. the police become more active in order to control crime and maintain law and order.
>> Monitor the movement of people with CCTV cameras.
>> Control the people and traffic by putting up barricades.
>> Provide security to our leaders.
7. Who is in charge of all the police stations in a district? Find out.
Answer: The Superintendent of Police (SP).
8. How do women benefit under the new law?
Answer: Under the new law, sons, daughters, and their mothers can get an equal share in the land.
This law will benefit a large number of women. It provides financial support to women in case of need.
9. In your neighborhood are there women who own property? How did they acquire it?
Answer: You can find a woman by yourself in your neighborhood who is independent and earning well to acquire property of her own.