NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 1 Question Answers from Understanding Diversity. NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 1 Question Answers are precise and simplified that are easy to learn.
NCERT Class 6 Civics Chapter 1 Question Answers
1. Draw up a list of the different festivals celebrated in your locality. Which of these celebrations are shared by members of different regional and religious communities?
List of festivals celebrated in my locality:
– Holi, Diwali, Independence Day, Republic Day, Makar Sankranti, Eid, Muharram, Christmas, Ganesh Chaturthi, Dushera, etc.
Festivals shared by different regional and religious communities are:
– Independence Day
– Republic Day
– Gandhi Jayanti
2. What do you think living in India with its rich heritage of diversity adds to your life?
Answer: India is a country with a rich heritage of diversity. We have a variety of religions, languages, dressing styles, food items, etc. We get to know about other cultural activities. We learn other languages, get to eat a variety of foods. We celebrate various festivals together and enjoy the company of each other. It brings unity despite the diversity in our country.
3. Do you think the term “unity in diversity” is an appropriate term to describe India?
What do you think Nehru is trying to say about Indian unity in the sentence quoted above from his book “The Discovery of India”?
Answer: Yes, I think the phrase “unity in diversity” is an appropriate term to describe India.
Despite all the diversities we are united under one flag. Everyone respects and accepts the customs and beliefs of one another. We all act as one whenever needed.
Nehru talked about the unity shown by the people of India in the fight against the British.
4. Underline the line in the poem sung after the Jallianwalla massacre, which according to you, reflects India’s essential unity.
Answer: “The blood of Hindus and Muslims flows together today”
5. Choose another region in India and do a similar study of the historical and geographical factors that influence the diversity found there.
Are these historical and geographical factors connected to each other? How?
Answer: Take the region where you are living and find out the geographical and historical factors affecting the diversity of the region.